RM files or Real Media files are used prevalently on the internet for streaming several types of content. The Real Media format is comprised of the Real Audio codec that is used for sound clips and the RealVideo codec that is utilized for movies. These types of files are generally compressed considerably to allow dial-up connection users to utilize them. Both audio and video versions of these formats will take the extension (.rm). However, while they are useful to maintain once streaming online they are not compatible with external players. Hence it is important for people who do not wish to confine their regular viewing to the computer to employ another more compatible file format. In this case selecting a DVD format will be best. This will allow you to use your DVD player to watch these files in a more appropriate setting. However, you should realize that the file size will be larger using a DVD format. In this guide two types of converters will be used to illustrate the process these are: RM to DVD Creator for MAC which is created for the MAC OS and Xilisoft Converter that can be used on a regular PC.
Using RM to DVD creator for MAC
1. To start download RM to DVD creator for MAC. Load the file and install it, this should not take much time. Put a blank DVD into the DVD burner.
2. Open the program and quickly click on [Load Video Files] and find the file that you want to convert.
3. You can alter the display settings to suit your objective. You may change the aspect ratio utilizing 4:3 or 16:9 this will essentially enable you to create the DVD in letterbox or full screen mode. There are other settings that can be modified here just view the list to see the available options.
4. You can make a DVD menu that is both useful and charming. You can alter the colours and even put in your own background pictures to formulate a more delightful display. There are also several templates available for use.
5. Select the [Destination] tab to burn the file to the DVD.
6. Start the conversion process and burn to the DVD in one session.
7. Once it is done test the DVD in an external player.
Using Xilisoft Converter
This is very straightforward and does not necessitate many steps.
Open the software.
Select the [Add] tab to load the RM file.
In the [Profile Column] select DVD as the output option.
Select a folder to save the file.
Press [Encode] and the DVD file will be created.
When it is finished you can burn to DVD and view in your favourite player.
In both instances the time it takes to make a DVD will vary depending on processor speed. However, it is possible to pause the process and resume using Xilisoft without having any problems. It is usually better to convert to DVD format initially and then burn separately to lower the risk of error.