FLAC files can be converted to MP3 files with the use of many different programs. FLAC files are loss-free audio codecs, and are open source files used mostly by rock fans who use digital sound recorded to record live concerts as audio files. Legal FLAC files can be found across the web for fans to download and use. FLAC offers only a decent level of sound quality due the fact that it is a loss-free file format. A significant issue with FLAC files are their size; they are very large and therefore many programs do not support them. However, MP3 files are widely supported by most, if not all, media players, because they are so much smaller than FLAC files, thus allowing more music to be stored on a computer or MP3 player.
Below are some guidelines on converting FLAC files to MP3 files.
What you will need:
• iTunes (Real Player, Windows Media Player or Yahoo Music Player are also suitable)
1. Ensure WinAMP is installed on your computer with the FLAC library support plugin.
2. Check to ensure that iTunes or any other media player is installed on your computer as well.
3. Find the output section and choose it. This will be on the plugin’s screen.
4. navigate to the null soft dick writer and choose. Click the ‘confirm’ button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Navigate to the directory and decide where to save the file. ensure that it has a .wav extension.
6. Save the files you have created to the folder that you have chosen.
7. Close the present window and then return to the WinAMP program.
8. From there, navigate to the folder in which you saved the music.
9. choose all the files in the folder; hold the shit key to do this. Once done select the option to ‘open.’
10. Press play and WinAMP will go through and decode all the FLAC files, converting them into WAV files.
11. switch WinAMP back to output so that it will play the files instead of decoding them again.
12. Navigate to iTunes and import the WAV files from WinAmp.
13. Once imported, iTunes will convert them to iTunes files.
Because there are various software that convert FLAC files to MP3 files, select one that will give good sound quality. If that is unimportant to you, then choosing any program will be suitable.