DVDs are high quality file formats and are capable of being ripped to a PC. However, they do have drawback such as large file sizes and obscure file naming. Therefore, by converting a DVD to an MPEG file, users will benefit from small
and portable file sizes and they own file naming system. Also the files can be used for video editing.
Below are few steps which will help you to convert DVD into MPEG.
What you will need:
• DVDx software
1. Install DVDx; make sure you have XviD and, or Div X drivers by installing AutoGK or downloading codec separately.
2. launch the DVDx software and the program window should appear.
3. Insert the DVD you wish to rip into the DVD drive. Alternatively, if your DVD is saved as files on your computer, convert them from there. After the file window appears browse to your DVD. Alternatively, to open DVD files which have been previously saved to your hard drive click “Open IFO” to select your hard disk files as source. Then in the folder selection box, choose the file VTS_01_0.IFO in the DVD target directory on the hard drive. Your movie should
then be loaded as source, and the Input Setting dialogue should automatically open.
4. If you have more than one movies on the DVD, select the file that appears in the popup box and then choose which movie your wish to encode by choosing it from the pull down menu in the upper left hand corner. Choose the root menu and file for each one on the DVD, if there are several movies on the DVD.
5. In the Input Setting dialogue, in the Program Chain Index section at top left, check a suitable audio track in the Audio Section. Choose OK.
6. navigate to the Output Settings dialogue box through the Setting menu. Then, choose output options, such as, movie format (MPEG), and set the resolution and audio quality.
7. Change the settings in the Output Setting dialogue box to preference.
8. To convert full movies without splitting the last few minutes into another file, Set the maximum file size to infinite in the Output Settings then continue.
9. Lastly under the File menu, choose the menu item called Destination. This button is also found next to the red Record button at the bottom right. navigate to the suitable destination folder, and type a filename into the box. select Save, and then OK.
10. Now, everything is ready to convert a DVD to an MPEG. select the red Record button at bottom right. Then, wait for encoding to be finished before enjoying your movie.
1. Respect the copyright law in your country.
2. If an authorised drive error appears, close the program. Right click on the DVDx icon on the desktop and click Run as administrator.
3. Open up the DVD menu and select the file that you want to encode for each file on the DVD, to rip multiple movies from the DVD.